Bus boycott is an anti-Israel campaign targeting Israel and its allies, including the MTA. 

It was launched by the United States, Israel, the United Kingdom and Israel’s allies in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Egypt, Saudi Arabia and the United Nations. 

Bus boycott is meant to isolate Israel and the MTS and make it more difficult for it to operate in the West Bank and Gaza Strip. 

The boycott campaign has already been successful, with Israel, Egypt, the UAE and Saudi Arabia pulling out of the Palestinian Authority (PA) and the Palestinian-Israeli border, and cancelling plans for a new PA presidency. 

On February 17, the MCT announced it would cease to operate its bus services between the Westbank and the Gaza Strip, and the company said that if the boycott campaign continued, it would cut the number of buses from 20,000 to 5,000 per day. 

However, it is unlikely that the boycott will be effective in stopping the expansion of Israel’s settlements in the occupied West Bank, since the boycott has no legal basis. 

In addition to the MMT boycott, a group called the United Israeli Appeal (UIA) has also announced it is planning to boycott Israel, citing its policies towards the Palestinian people. 

UIA said that Israel’s policy of the occupation is the cause of the world’s  most-preventable war and the occupation’s crimes against the Palestinian community. 

As part of the boycott, the UIA is planning an “International Day of Protest against the Israel Apartheid Wall.” 

“This is a historic moment for the Palestinian struggle,” UIA President Tawfik Al-Sarai told the press in a statement.

“It is a day of solidarity with the Palestinian citizens of Israel, including those who have been victims of the violence against their people in recent years.” 

 The Palestinian leadership in the UN, the European Union and the U.S. has also condemned the boycott and called on Israel to end the occupation. 

“The Israeli government has failed to live up to its obligations to its citizens and to the international community,” Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said.

“There is a right and an obligation to stop the construction of settlements, and Israel should comply with its obligations.” 

As of February 18, Israel had 1,831 settlements built on occupied land in the Occupied Palestinian Territories (OPT), including the West bank, East Jerusalem and Gaza. 

Israeli settlements in East Jerusalem are considered illegal under international law. 

Israel maintains a massive presence in the OPT, including over 1,400 settler homes in the East Jerusalem, West Bank settlement of Kiryat Arba and the settlements of Har Homa and Efrat. 

According to the United Nation’s Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs, over 300,000 Israelis live in the areas of settlement. 

More than 2,400 settlements have been built in the OPN since 1967, with the Israeli government maintaining that the settlements are for security purposes. 

A U.N. report released last year stated that Israeli settlements had led to “an unprecedented increase in settler-driven violence and crime, displacement, displacement-related displacement, and displacement-associated violence and deaths in the contested territories.” 

In March, the Israeli military conducted a massive wave of arrests in the settlements, arresting hundreds of Palestinian residents and detaining more than 500. 

Since the wave of detentions, more than 1,500 Palestinians have been killed, and more than 7,000 have been arrested. 

Many Palestinian communities have also suffered as a result of Israeli military operations, including attacks on schools, mosques, homes and other civilian structures, as well as a wave of arson attacks against Israeli infrastructure. 

While Israel has said that the actions of its soldiers in the past were justified, the Palestinian leadership has called for accountability for those who commit crimes against Palestinians. 

At least four Israeli military court cases against Palestinians have ended in acquittals, with only one person convicted, a 20-year-old Palestinian named Muhammad Abu Qusay, and another two acquitted. 

 “I am tired of hearing about the crimes of the occupying power, and I am tired to hear about the injustices committed by the occupying authority,” Abu Qasmeh said. 

He added that he wants Israel to release all Palestinians, including some of its most vulnerable citizens. 

Palestinian youth, particularly young men, are particularly affected by Israeli policies and policies, with an estimated half of Palestinian youth have been physically assaulted by Israeli forces. 

Last summer, Israeli forces killed at least three Palestinian teenagers in the village of Halhul, killing six people, and injured 17. 

Al-Banna and Muhammad were stabbed to death in the Halhuhul area, while the other two were shot and injured. 

There has been a wave and rise in the number and frequency of anti-Israeli protests